Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pokemon...

Sorry about my small hiatus everyone. For those of you who are interested, the computer repair company that my friends and I started landed an account to move a construction company into a new office. This past week has been incredibly busy with some really long days (I forgot that there was a 5:45am to wake up to). In any case, I believe that things have calmed down for a bit now and I will be able to continue my blog!

Pokemon...probably not the best game to come back on after my small hiatus, but I have to give this franchise its  respect. I was a Pokemaniac for a short while right after the game came out, however, I was right on the cusp of the age limit. Since it became a lot easier to notice boobs instead of Bulbasaur, I just kinda stopped playing (but not before  I beat the elite 4 and captured all 150 kinds of Pokemon the game had to offer).

I recently played an emulated version of one of the newer games, Fire Red, which is really just a remake of the originals. It was crazy how much the game had advanced and was now much more playable without wasting as much time as I used to. 

I even played the Silver version of the game briefly when it originally came out but this one I didn't finish, or at least can't remember finishing it. While I found it ridiculous that they added more Pokemon, I liked some of the other features that the game had to offer. New things like breeding, allowing your Pokemon to hold items that they can use in battle, and a brand new story line made the game more entertaining. 

Unfortunately, that was it for me, I was Poke'd out after the Silver version. Now that they've released the Black and White editions, I had my curiosity sparked. Although I won't be playing any of the newer games, I simply had to break out some nostalgia about the PKMN.

16 comments:

  1. I got soulsilver so I could nostalgia about when I had silver. good game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, thats kinda how i am. Red and Gold/Silver are the only ones ive played to completion. I've tried the following titles but have never really put any serious time into them. Just dont really care that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got all 150 in blue, around 225 in Gold and gave up after sapphire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome to hear about your computer repair company!

    I am having troubles putting together my first custom built maybe you could assist me with it sometimes. you can always contact me on my blog, would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear you are having success in such a flooded market!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved pokemon when i was a kid. I'm wondering if it would still be fun nowadays, got to try it when i have time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havn't played a pokemon game in forever, this used to be my crack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i did the same lol. I had blue, than silver, and then thats it hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog, ill be showing my support and following.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped at Diamond for some reason. I hate all the fakes that rip on Pokemon being for kids but when Black and White came out that's all they talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i gots red on my computer. ah to relive childhood

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lost track of pokemon when it went past 50... Don't think i can get back into it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol, i had red then silver and stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  14. still have my pokemon red in the original gameboy (: best game, great post

    ReplyDelete